Solidarity with Czech Anarchists
NEVER ALONE – ZINE ABOUT SUPPORTING PRISONERS
On the Out – Zine About Life After Prison
CSC#1 Publication (click to download pdfs)
CSC#2 Publication for download
Revolutionary Prisoners in Chile – July 2012 (Pamphlet)
- ABC anarchist Anarchist Black Cross animal rights anti-cuts anti-fascists Anti-Titan antifa art exhibition bds Belarus benefit Ben Gunn Brendan Barnett Bristol prisoners Bulgaria calendar Canada Chile Daniel McGowan deaths in custody defendant solidarity EDO 6 emma sheppard events films fundraisers G20 Germany ghosting Greece green scare Haven Holland hunger strike Iceland Il Silvestre Jock Palfreeman John Bowden kebele Latin America legal london Marco Camenisch media Mexico money moscow abc MOVE Olympics police Political Prisoner prison abolition prisoner prisoner list prison policy prison slavery privatisation protest public order racism repression resistance rights Russia solidarity Spain squatting state repression Stokes Croft students Switzerland USA women writing
- Week of mobilization and international solidarity from September 21 to September 30, for all our comrades kidnapped all over the world. in en-gr-es-it-ger (Chile)
- PP/POW Updates and Announcements - 28 Aug 2012
- Political Prisoner Birthday Poster For September Is Now Available
- Colombian Prison Strikes Continue-Inhumane Conditions “Made in the USA”
- The Marikana Massacre: Details of deliberate police murder begin to emerge
- RACIST TROLL IS BANKER @slatedl #ANTIFA @slatfascists @misscheeky666 #ukip #edl
- NOTORIOUS RACIST EXPOSED #ANTIFA #UKIP @loup_dargent @JLRFB @slatedl @slatukip
- Overview of the Week of Action against the Prison Industrial Complex
- TOMMY ROBINSON GRASS @loup_dargent #ANTIFA #PEGIDA @slatedl @JLRFB @siegfails
- TOMMY DOES A #BONEHILL @edlnews #ANTIFA @slatedl @loup_dargent @JLRFB @siegfails
Please support this fundraiser!
We are running Downton Half Marathon nr. Salisbury on 29th November (details here – you can come and cheer on the day if you like / have no life) to raise money for Bristol Anarchist Black Cross. ABC do very important work that cannot continue with support. https://bristolabc.wordpress.com/
For the uninitiated:
The Anarchist Black Cross was originated in Tsarist Russia to organise aid for political prisoners. In the late 1960s the organisation resurfaced in Britain, where it first worked to aid prisoners of the Spanish resistance fighting the dictator Franco’s police. Now it has expanded and groups are found in many countries around the world. We support anarchist and other class struggle prisoners, fund-raise on behalf of prisoners in need of funds for legal cases or otherwise, and organise demonstrations of solidarity with imprisoned anarchists and other prisoners. – Brighton ABC
Bristol ABC aim to practically support prisoners by:
- writing letters, sending books and magazines, and where possible or needed financial contributions to those inside;
- publicising specific prisoners cases, campaigns and struggles;
- supporting and publicising other individuals, campaigns and resources involved in prisoner solidarity and anti-prison work
So please donate if you can. The page will stay live until Monday 30th November.
Maria & Ed
A fundraiser for anarchist prisoner Eric King took place in Bristol last night. Over £150 was raised through a vegan dinner, raffle and donated sweets and cider! Thank you so much for everyone’s support. Read more about Eric’s case here.
There was a full stall of anti-prison literature, as well as more information about Eric’s case including some of his moving poems. People wrote cards and took the solidarity picture below.
A message to Eric: You are in our hearts. Solidarity from the west country! We will keep fighting until these prisons are destroyed and until all are free. Thank you for your inspiration and courage. We won’t abandon you.
To get involved in Bristol ABC – like cooking, helping out at events like this – please email email@example.com
Below is a letter from long-term prisoner Thomas Meyer-Falk about a friend of his who is in indefinite detention in Germany. For more information write to:
c/o JVA (SV)
D 79104 Freiburg
Woman imprisoned for sex without a condom
In Germany in 2014 a 29 year old woman was sentenced to four years in prison for having sex without using a condom. Because the court deemed her a threat to public safety, Preventative Detention – indefinite imprisonment – was added.
Jaqueline was a young woman who was in love with life, she hung around the surroundings of a biker club and had a few partners. Years before she had caught HIV, but was taking medication for it and therefore hadn’t become ill.
Then Jaquline’s own mother, when she found out that her daughter had been having sex with men, reported her to the police.
The district court found Jaqueline guilty of “attempting serious physical injury”: having sex without using a condom. According to the courts this was a highly dangerous “treatment” (the technical word in German law), and since she had done the same thing before, Preventative Detention was added.
History of Preventative Detention:
In 1933 the Nazis passed a law against people who were identified as “threats to society”, which allowed the state to keep someone behind bars for life after this person had finished his or her sentence (freedomforthomas.wordpress.com/2013/10/08/nazi-law-in-germany-2013/). After WWII, in 1954, the GDR (East Germany)’s High Courts repealed the law that had created PD because it was an “original Nazi code”. The courts in FRG (West Germany) never had such moral doubts. In Spain, the constitutional court has overruled a similar law, because it violates the rule saying that no-one should be convicted twice for the same offence.
The Federal High Court and the Federal Constitutional Court both refused to overrule the district court’s decision, so now Jaqueline, who is only 30 years old, faces a lifetime behind bars for only having had sex without a condom. No-one was injured, no-one was harmed, no-one was infected with HIV. Lifetime, maybe, behind bars – based on a law which was passed by the Nazis in 1933.
If you saw any what happened during any of the arrests, please call Bristol Defendant Solidarity on 077467 41104, or email bristoldefendantsolidarity (at) riseup.net
Please share this callout!
About Mister Blue:
Mister Blue is a comrade imprisoned in Germany following an action in the Hambacher Forest. They are accused of bodily harm against a private security guard by biting, as well as trespassing, disturbance of public services and resisting his arrest. He still refuses to give his ID and is therefore qualified as being a danger of escape. Most recent information from a lawyer says they were beaten very brutally by the police and security guards.
What you can do:
- Send mail to 1uJS932/15 JVA Aachen; Krefelder Strasse 251; 520708 Aachen.
- Send money to Mister Blue. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Get to the Forest and resist the cutting season! http://hambachforest.blogsport.de/join-in/
About Hambacher Forest & the Action
On October 7th a conveyor belt at the Hambach open cast lignite mine has been blocked. One activist has been released from custody, another is still being held. On 8th the prison judge ordered that the defendant must be held until their trial. The person has been injured in a way that she/he left the conveyor belt “voluntarily“ preventing an eviction. Just one compa, Jus, has been released and they catch another.
For the latest updates visit: http://hambachforest.blogsport.de/
The result of the treatment: a sprait rist hematomas and read eyes. Mister Blue was abused by RWE private security personal, Police refused medical treatment.