This poster is a summary of the minimum information that you need to give to the police when they try to talk to you.
We couldn’t include all the information we wanted to, so we also suggest you read:
- Do you have to give the police your name and address? (Freedom News – includes some of the obscure laws we couldn’t fit on the poster)
- No Comment – the Defendant’s Guide to Arrest (LDMG guide to arrest, and what information you need to give police)
- Your rights and section 50 (NetPol briefing on the anti-social behavior law)
- Your rights and mobile fingerprinting (NetPol)
- Our briefing on Stop and Search
- Our briefing on Schedule 7
Be aware that police do not always follow the law themselves. Read our guide to dealing with the police too!
DISCLAIMER: while some of this text is based on advice from legal professionals, some of it is based solely on personal experience and research. While it is correct so far as we know, it should be taken as guidance only