ABC Prisoner Letter Writing Evening – Last Sunday of Every Month
On the Out – Zine About Life After Prison
CSC#1 Publication (click to download pdfs)
CSC#2 Publication for download
Unlawful detention of John Bowden – CLICK FOR ARTICLE
Revolutionary Prisoners in Chile – July 2012 (Pamphlet)
- ABC anarchist Anarchist Black Cross animal rights anti-cuts anti-fascists Anti-Titan antifa art exhibition bds Belarus benefit Ben Gunn Brendan Barnett Bristol prisoners Bulgaria calendar Canada Chile Daniel McGowan deaths in custody defendant solidarity EDO 6 ELF events films fundraisers G20 Germany ghosting Greece green scare Haven Holland hunger strike Iceland Il Silvestre Jock Palfreeman John Bowden kebele Latin America legal london Marco Camenisch media Mexico money MOVE Mumia Olympics police Political Prisoner prison abolition prisoner prisoner list prison policy prison slavery privatisation protest public order racism repression resistance rights Russia solidarity Spain squatting state repression Stokes Croft students Switzerland USA women writing
- Week of mobilization and international solidarity from September 21 to September 30, for all our comrades kidnapped all over the world. in en-gr-es-it-ger (Chile)
- PP/POW Updates and Announcements - 28 Aug 2012
- Political Prisoner Birthday Poster For September Is Now Available
- Colombian Prison Strikes Continue-Inhumane Conditions “Made in the USA”
- The Marikana Massacre: Details of deliberate police murder begin to emerge
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: eventsImage Image
Bristol ABC are supporting with an information evening & workshop exploring Resilience to Repression. There will be talks about the repression of the animal liberation movement over the last 8 years, including the upcoming trial of the ‘Blackmail 3‘. These talks will be followed by a workshop exploring what can be learnt from this examples of repression and how can we be more resilient in the years ahead.
There will be tea and cake available from 6.30pm, with a 7pm start.
Sunday 27th October 7pm at Hydra Books
Bristol ABC have organised a launch evening for our new publication ‘On the Out’ a zine about life after prison. Articles include pieces around license conditions and social control, tagging, the emotional affects of repression, supporting someone leaving prison and more.
There will be Q & As with ex-prisoners who have experienced the new wave of even more repression license conditions to control behaviour beyond the prison gates.
There will also be letter writing to prisons around the world.
Bristol ABC is proud to announce the launch of our new Prisoner Letter Writing Evenings at Kebele. They will take place on the first Thursday of every month with the first date being Thursday 6th December.
We will be serving vegan food from 6:30PM and hosting a range of films/talks/discussions/other entertainment each month. Please come and join us and show solidarity with anarchist, radical and class struggle prisoners by writing them in prison!
If you would like to help cook at one of our letter writing evenings or have a suggestion for a film/speaker/discussion then please e-mail us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Bent Bars and Bristol ABC present a film screening and information night
Thursday May 12th from 7.30pm
‘Under the Stars’ , Narrow Quay, Harbourside, Bristol BS1 4QA
(the boat – in the water opposite the Watershed)
Kiss of the Spider Womanfilm screening followed by short readings of selected writings from prisoners involved in the Bent Bars letter writing project, plus information on LGBTQ prisoner solidarity and how to become involved with the Bent Bars prisoner penpal program. Continue reading
Ratface, Mr Van, Puppy Bucket and more!
Benefit for Haven Books to Prisoners
Saturday 1st August
Bath Buildings, Bristol
£3.50 on the door
more details: http://www.myspace.com/ratfacemuzak
Kebele Social Centre
14 Robertson Road
Bristol ABC Prisoner support group invite you to a joint night of solidarity letter-writing with the EDO Defendants support campaign.
Come along, meet an EDO defendant and some of their campaign supporters, find out more about their action and the ongoing legal battle, and get involved in supporting them. Continue reading
Bristol ABC regular monthly letter writing and discussion meeting.
Wednesday 11 February
7 to 9pm.
Kebele Social centre, 14 Robertson Rd, Bristol BS5 6JY.
Bring snacks to share, hot drinks available.
The arrival of the excellent Cageprisoners tour, in Bristol on 12 January, provides an excellent opportunity to hear about the experiences of both prisoners and their guards at the infamous and inhumane prison known as Guantanamo Bay. The event takes place from 7.30pm at the Kuumba centre, 20-23 Hepburn Rd, Bristol BS2 8UB. Come early! More details on the Cageprisoners website at http://www.cageprisoners.com/tour